Grand Princess Cruise Review

As a non-smoker, I was offended constantly bythe many smokers on board our ship.Although there were designated smoking areas,many smokers ignored them and the staff didnot seem to address the problem, except toplace notices in the Princess Patterreminding smokers of the Shipboard SmokingPolicy.Another problem we encountered; misbehavingkids. My family and I would often sit on theside of the pool with our legs hanging in, asdid many other passengers. There were acouple kids who repeatedly ran up from behindus, jumped over our heads, and did"cannonballs" into the pool. Although therewere signs clearly posted stating no runningor jumping, this did not stop these kids andtheir parents, who witnessed this severaltimes, did nothing. I had to tell severaltimes "the sign says no running or jumping,would you please stop?" I never saw aPrincess staff member address this problem.I was afraid someone was going to get hurt.I purchased a $3,000 tanzanite ring in Facets, the jewelry shop on board the ship.The salesladies were helpful but rather pushy.I later decided I did not want the ring, thereason: it was white gold, I prefer yellowgold. Also the color of the stone was notas deep and purple as I wanted, plus I wasgoing to have to send it away to have itsized. When I returned they tried whisperingback and forth, but I overheard, "I told youthis was going to happen, didn't I." Whenthe one lady realized I could hear, she saidto the other, "I'll tell you when theyleave." I thought this was very rude. Itappeared to me that she must have lost acommission and was angry.The most shocking of all was an excursion ourfamily took to Orient Bay, St. Martin. Webased the excursion on the informationprovided by "Princess Adventures Ashore"booklet. The brochure talked about "whitesand, coconut palms, a welcome drink, havingyour choice lunch entrees and access towater-sports equipment," but NOWHERE in thebooklet did it say anything about nudity.There were even had rates for adults andchildren. Although it did not offend mepersonally, I can say that my almost 15-year-old daughter was very embarrassed at themany, many TOTALLY nude men which strolledthe beach right in front of us. PerhapsPrincess should consider noting this littledetail in their brochures.I chatted with many other passengers while onboard. As I talked to the seasoned-passengers, especially those that had alreadycruised on Princess, we all shared the samesentiment; we expected more out of Princess,especially the "Grand" Princess.