Grand Princess Cruise Review

Grand Princess

Ship: Grand Princess

Review Summary

Having just returned from my first cruise aboard the Grand Princess, perhaps I am a little biased as I have no other cruises to compare my experience with. However I can say that I am very well traveled, having stayed single and responsibility free til 37 years of age. Therefore in all of my single adulthood I have seen the Carribean, California, Mexico, Europe, etc etc. I will never ever take any other kind of vacation but for a cruise. My week aboard the Grand was as close a slice of heaven that I will attain. The ship is sumptuously gorgeous, the service impeccable, the food (in mind boggling abundance) exquisite. The childrens' program was phenomenal for my little one who celebrated his 5th birthday on board in full regalia. At the start of the trip we had our son in the Fun Zone til noon and then we had him with us the rest of the day and evening. By the end of the trip he was not even having dinner with us, he was in the Fun Zone morning noon and evening, where he preferred to be. Embarkation and debarkation were smooth and as swift as can be expected, what with dealing with 2600 guests. My favorite aspect of this ship is its 5 (count 'em 5)pools. I discovered my favorite sunning spot to be IN the children's splash pool, lolling against the side of the fiberglass whale while my son splashed and slid down its tail into the water.