Not what I expected

Sail Date: February 01, 2006

Ship: Grand Princess

Cabin Type: Suite

Review Summary

This cruise was not at all what I expected. The "Roll greater than normal" incident aside, I still did not enjoy this cruise. The ship was run down, the staff was extremely rude, (especially in the dining room) the food was bland and the menu was boring. I had heard that Princess ships were among the most lavish on th ocean, but not in this case!

Ship Experiences

I can't think of even 1 meal I had on this ship that was anything better than average EVERYONE in the dining room was rude.

Decent options for activities, nightclub was too small and the movies under the stars played outdated movies. The shows were boring and way too long

My kids went to the Babysitting room 1 time they said it was ok.

The service employees (room steward, maintainence workers,& cleaning people) were all vey friendly, but the waiters, photographers, bartenders, security people, were all very rude,& obnoxious. I did not appreciate the way I was treated on this cruise.

This ship is so large, but the common areas are the same size as a small ship. They cram twice the people into the same size common areas. Not nearly enough space in the pool & spa areas.

The suite was nice, the bed & bedding was fairly comfortable I didn't care for the location of my room it was all the way in the back of the ship very difficult to get anywhere from there.

Pros: At least the stateroom was nice

Cons: where do I begin?