Golden Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

Relaxing but too short

Sail Date: October 01, 2014

The ship was overall well-kept\, clean and nice. It was my second time on this ship and I enjoyed the multiple pool areas to choose from while out on deck. The layout of the boat was confusing and it is a long walk from a lower deck (6) to the top where the pool and buffet are (14). I usually enjoy taking the stairs rather than the slow elevator but one trip up was a workout!

Pros: The food was good. We never saw our room steward but he kept everything tidy.

Cons: The service was just so-so. It was obvious the crew was unencumbered by the worry of a tip.

Recommends Golden Princess? Yes!

The magic show was predictable.
I can think of no staff member who went \"above and beyond\". In the dining room\, it was clear that the staff are not concerned for their tips\, as they are included in the cruise fare.
We had an ocean-view room\, which we enjoyed immensely. Small\, but not for a cruise ship. It was so nice to see where the boat is and what time of day it is. The closet space is incredible for such a small room.
The dining room is not well suited to 2 diners that wish to dine alone. Each night\, the rude host made us wait as if he was upset that we didn't want to \"share\". The food in the dining room was very good\, as I would expect. The food in the buffet was overall tasteless and there were few healthy options.
I recommend the coffee bar in the midship area. The coffee is not free but the pastries are and they are delicious!