Golden Princess Cruise Review to Alaska

awful awful awful

Sail Date: May 01, 2013

The ship seemed nice when we got there. We had a balcony room and it fit our needs. However\, at the end of day 2 I got a terrible case of diarehha. The captain announced that people who had this issue should call the medics. I did. I was put in isolation. I still had a small case the following morning and they isolated me for 48 hours. I felt better by the afternoon of that day and they said sorry\, no. There was no real communication or them trying to make my stay any easier. On top of that they charged me medical treatment. They came and took my blood pressure and charged me $52. I shouldn't have had to pay the price of someone carrying a bug on to the ship. The food was lousy. It was warm at best. A couple of times the desserts were almost frozen. You have to pay extra for sodas and coffee. It was just all around miserable for me.

Pros: the staff that walked around

Cons: cleanliness\, FOOD was awful and several of the waiters\,bartenders\,foodservers were rude

Recommends Golden Princess? No.

awful awful awful
awful again
mostly for elderly or out in the cold around the pool.
i didn't see any activities the children could focus on so they seemed restless