Golden Princess Cruise Review to South America

Patagoia and beyond.

Sail Date: January 31, 2015

1. Princess is a very responsive line. We're very pleasantly surprised when we received a very unexpected upgrade three days before we left for our cruise. I had earlier asked for shipboard credits by virtue of our Captain's Circle membership but they could not give us anything at that time. However, a week later, we were advised of the upgrade. That alone is worth four stars for customer service and loyalty appreciation.

2. Our ship, the Golden Princess, is well maintained and the crew is noticeably professional, happy to please and always displayed a pleasant attitude. We would single out the following: our cabin steward, Jake Septimo, the store clerk Arnold, the Serbian lady/greeter at Bernini;s for outstanding service. They made our cruise a wonderful experience. And, before i forget, the Princess Orchestra was outstanding, one of the best bands I have seen and watched and listenend to in all the cruises we have taken, nine so far.

3. Linda, from , is very attentive to our requests and we would like to thank her for taking care of us before we embarked on our trip.

4. The negatives: the wi-fi, for which we paid more than $100.00 was a disgrace. Princess Lines decision makers should just scrap it or spend money to greatly improve it. It was seen by all I have talked to as a "scam." and I shared the opinion albeit I don't think it's intentional. Please don't even offer it as a paid service if its performance is so below par as to make it laughable. I know you have published the advisory about satellite reception being slow but it was a total joke. You spend precious time waiting while the per minute charge. I consider money I spent on it as wasted money and I hope Princess would consider giving me a refund.

Some of the land excursions are so tightly timed that we hardly had any time to walk around places we had been taken to.

Lastly, we had air and cruise package. For some reason, our arrival in Buenos Aires where we met our ship was so late that when we arrived at the ship terminal there were no porters to collect our luggage, two of them big suitcases. There was no reason for that. Princess could have booked us on an earlier flight to ensure our arrival would be met by porters who could take charge of our luggage. We are not in the prime of our youth and we struggled to push and pull our four suitcases from the shuttle bus through the passenger terminal to another shuttle bus only to find a number of the ship crew waiting for us ship side. Why couldn't they have assigned to the terminal? Any of those measures could have made our pre-embarkation experience a good one instead we did not get through the screening until after 10:00 p.m. and had to hustle to the dining room even before we had a chance to wash up.

Otherwise, the cruise would have been a five-star.

A little aged but still a Princess.
Better than OK but not great.
A cruise line's life saver. Keep them happy and they perform in an outstanding manner all the time.
Entertainment OK. The band was great, the ship's own entertainers were great, Christopher Riggins was not great. Stefani was great, though.
Children's Programs Not applicable to us
We had experienced better excursions on other cruises.
We had a great view although it was always cold that we very seldom ventured out on the balcony.

Don't get the wi-fi feature. I don't think its worth it. I won't get it next time - even if it's free because it's a waste of time.