Golden Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Golden Princess was a Royal Failure

Sail Date: May 17, 2014

This is my 9th cruise. First and last on Princess. I booked 2 balcony rooms 1 for myself and my family and 1 my parents.

Dated ship,Staterooms dirty with stained carpet and mold in the showers (see photo)

Difficult to find hand sanitizer on ship only near buffet and coffee shop not even at main dining rooms I had to buy my own in gift shop $5 for 1oz

Barely warm food on buffet,Hair in my food 2 times in dining room the second time I had my phone and snapped a photo(see photo).

A passanger fell off the very steep gangway(see photo) in Ketchikan then they would not allow passangers off in Victoria BC due to the ship being behind schedule yet other ships following our same itiniary were allowing their passangers off at this port while we sat on the ship and watched.Probably afraid someone else would fall and they would get sued.

Very disorganized all around. Do not take this cruise just based on the belief that Princess in an upscale cruise line NCL is awsome and even Carnival is better.

Cruise Photos

If you like hair in the food it was delicious
dated dirty moldy
Seattle, Washington
Juneau, Alaska
Skagway, Alaska
Cruise Glacier Bay
Ketchikan, Alaska
Victoria, British Columbia
I do not know I was not allowed off my ship! I just got to watch the Westerdam passengers get off and on from the HC deck!

DO NOT go on it at all that is my tip!
Book on NCL if you can or even Carnival.