Golden Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Treated like cattle

Sail Date: May 03, 2014

The cruise was wonderful. The staterooms were clean. The steward was attentive and did a good job. The food was excellent. Anytime dining was a good choice. We met a lot of good people. The cruise director was very good and the comedian and magical were great. Watching movies in the princess theater was great. Now what wasn't so great. The embarking in Seattle took over 2hours and was a real mess. It needs vast improvements. I think it needs a better organizational system. It reminded me if Dr. Temple Grandin. She specializes in making cattle corralled more gentle. You need to take some lessons in how to make 8 individual lines more amenable. It was a disaster grace to the service industry. Then keeping a timetable. We were late arriving at every port. Only to have the same mess disembarking especially in Juneau standing in line over 11/2 hours. Senior citizens having to find places to sit. Then going off the ship only to mass confusion with excursions. My excursion was fine but my son's was delayed which adversely affected our Evening whale watching. He had to leave his beer tasting and run at least 1 mile in order to make the second excursion. We were late at every port which caused mass confusion with disembarking. Especially Victoria British Columbia where all excursions but two were cancelled. Our excursion was to to meet in the casino. We were exposed to cigarette smoke for an hour. Then lead down stairs to the crew exit. Where I feared for my life. Somehow people found stairs and began to over run us. It was horrible. I feared I would get hurt and we had a near riot on our hands. The crew somehow lost complete control but we were able to go to our ex using a trolley ride in the dark way to late to see or experience anything but dark and cold. We sailed to Seattle and disembarking went well. Overall the activities need to be increased especially on the days at sea.

Use anytime dining it exposes you to many interesting people.