North to Alaska

Golden Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska Inside Passage With Tracy Arm Fjord (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 07, 2013
Ship: Golden Princess
I have cruised three times in the nearly two years since I retired--on three different cruise lines. Princess was by far the best. Better than average food. Cheerful, helpful service. Great excursions. I especially enjoyed that this cruise was so educational. A naturalist was on board (Kathy Slamp) who gave excellent seminars on board as to the history of Alaska, as well as being able to tell us what we were viewing and when. I am now 'attached' to Alaska, its beauty, its unspoiled scenery, and its untamed (and untamable) forests, glaciers, mountains, and fjords. I could go over and over again.

Better than average.

Good, but we mostly took it easy.

Great.

N/A

So anxious to please.

Excellent.

Good except for pillows (dead on arrival).

My plaza deck room made for easy access to both banks of elevators. No walking down mile-long hallways.

Seattle, Washington Did not visit port

We spent the last day here. Weather beautiful and could see Mt. Ranier from the Space Needle.

Ketchikan, Alaska Did not visit port

Rained a little but still fascinating.

Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska Did not visit port

Scary but beautiful.

Juneau, Alaska Did not visit port

The whale watching was a favorite.

Skagway, Alaska Did not visit port

The train ride, along with its history, will be a memory we will never forget.

Victoria, British Columbia Did not visit port

Buchart Gardens was a long drive from the ship, but worth it. Saw a beautiful fireworks show.