Golden Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

North to Alaska

Sail Date: July 07, 2013

I have cruised three times in the nearly two years since I retired--on three different cruise lines. Princess was by far the best. Better than average food. Cheerful, helpful service. Great excursions. I especially enjoyed that this cruise was so educational. A naturalist was on board (Kathy Slamp) who gave excellent seminars on board as to the history of Alaska, as well as being able to tell us what we were viewing and when. I am now 'attached' to Alaska, its beauty, its unspoiled scenery, and its untamed (and untamable) forests, glaciers, mountains, and fjords. I could go over and over again.
Excellent.
Better than average.
Good except for pillows (dead on arrival).
So anxious to please.
Great.
N/A
Good, but we mostly took it easy.
Each different and fascinating.
Seattle, Washington We spent the last day here. Weather beautiful and could see Mt. Ranier from the Space Needle.
Ketchikan, Alaska Rained a little but still fascinating.
Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska Scary but beautiful.
Juneau, Alaska The whale watching was a favorite.
Skagway, Alaska The train ride, along with its history, will be a memory we will never forget.
Victoria, British Columbia Buchart Gardens was a long drive from the ship, but worth it. Saw a beautiful fireworks show.

My plaza deck room made for easy access to both banks of elevators. No walking down mile-long hallways.