Golden Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Purser

A great cruise line

Sail Date: August 11, 2012

Overall the ship was great. Our room was an inside room which I loved because it didn't matter what time the sun came up it was still dark in our room. I even enjoyed a few naps during the day!! The man who took care of us in our room Nilo was amazing. He greeted us on the first day and remembered our names. That was impressive to me. Very kind man who would do anything for us on our stay. Same way with the servers at the bars. They too learned very fast what kind of drinks me and my husband wanted. Breakfast we always sat in the same area and those waiters were outstanding as well. They knew that I wanted hot choc every morning with my breakfast and they knew my husband wanted oj and coffee. I can't believe how they remember what our whole group wanted. We had a group of 16 and it was so much fun meeting everyone in certain area of the ship. There was plenty of stuff to do as we were sailing as well. I enjoyed the entertainment as well. We saw several great shows. The food was great as well. The breakfast buffet was great and so was the burger bar and pizza bar. My only complaint was in the evening sit down the meals were too fancy for me. I wanted I guess more steak or pasta meals. I never tried duck, phasent or some of the other stuff. But, we WILL go again for sure. The cruise line was great and we loved the entire stay.

Pros: How the cruise members (servers\, waiter and room keeper) all got to know your name and what you liked.

Cons: I thought the evening sit down meal was \"too fancy\" I like more traditional food.

Recommends Golden Princess? Yes!

Ship size was great. I think you wouldn't need any more room. The layout was great and there was always someone to help you find your way around if you got lost!! It was very clean and there were lots of bathrooms close by so you didn't have to wonder far away. The decor....in my opinion needed some updating..but it wasn't bad... It was very clean though.
Loved the pizza and burger bar!! That was great food. The buffet was also very nice. There was such a variety for everyone to choose from. The dining time was great we did the late one. It gave us time to get off the ship and have fun and still make it back with plenty of time to get ready. I just wish there was more traditional food at the dinner meal. More steak nights or pasta. On night I ordered the beef rib and was hoping for more of a Texas taste but it was cooked in wine which I didn't care for. I know other's thought it was fancy enough out of our group....but over all it was good.
We did the the stateroom with no window and loved it. The bathroom was very small\, but I understand they have to be in order to get more rooms. Besides how long is one in the bathroom anyways!!
Loved the staff. I think that is what made my trip so amazing. Every single person on the ship was helpfull and friendly. Our stateroom guy Nilo was above and beyond and so was Willie our waiter and the breakfast staff that served us every morning.
Enjoyed all the entertainment that I went and watched.