Great cruise - Disappointing ship

Golden Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Sail Date: August 01, 2009
Ship: Golden Princess
This is my 7th cruise and by far my least favorite ship. Princess just does not seem to go that extra mile. No towel animals! I know that sounds like a little thing but I have never cruised without them. The only night we had entertainment in the dining room was our last formal night when the waiters carried the baked alaska around. The buffet was terrible and not just the food. The buffet line is very cramped and makes no sense in the way it is all lumped together (fruit, salad, desserts and hot foods all in a maze with no room to spread out). The service was fine on the ship and the cruise director did a nice job. We enjoyed the entertainment in the main theater but on the days we were at sea it was very dead on the ship. I mean someone can't play the piano during the day??? This ship was built in 2001 but lacked a center atrium so you had a lot of up and down to get around the ship. I loved the itinerary on our cruise and we enjoyed each Alaskan stop but I do not think I will cruise with Princess again.

Pros: Ports were interesting and accessible

Cons: Buffet was terrible

Recommends Golden Princess? No.