Golden Princess Cruise Review

We took the 10/26/02 to St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and Princess Cay. I?ve previously sailed on Costa, Premier, NCL and RCI. Both embarkation and disembarkation were a breeze with Princess. Ship: Ship itself is absolutely gorgeous and immaculate. Had an outside room with a veranda on the Caribe deck, which has the largest verandas. Room itself was a little smaller than I expected, but it was well appointed. Service: Service was excellent everywhere on the ship. When I needed more hangers they were there in less than 5 minutes. That was the way it went throughout the cruise. We had traditional first seating. Our waiter and assistant waiter were efficient and friendly. The staff in the Horizon Court were efficient and courteous, if not particularly warm. Food: I?d rate it a 7-8 on a 1-10 scale with 10 being outstanding. Yes, the people who?d written that the regular coffee and iced tea wasn?t fresh brewed were correct, but it wasn?t nearly as bad as I?d expected. And, taking the advice of one reviewer, I ordered cappuccino or espresso in the dining room every night at no extra charge. They were excellent. We dined at Sabatini?s one night, the special Italian restaurant. They charge an additional flat fee of $15 per person to dine there, but it?s worth it. You choose your main entree and then get a sample of literally everything else on the menu! Expect to be there 2 ? to 3 hours. We often ordered breakfast in our room. They always got our order perfectly correct and were always punctual. When we ordered other meals through room service, the wait was generally 30-40 minutes, but the food was always perfect when it arrived. The Horizon Court had delicious foods and was open 24 hours a day. Except for embarkation day, when everyone on the ship was trying to get something to eat at the same time, there was never a wait and never a problem finding a place to sit. The Golden Princess also has a grill which served hamburgers, hot dogs, and knockwurst, and a pizza place serving yummy pizza.