Golden Princess Cruise Review

My wife, sister and I went on the 10/11/2001 two-night special. The new ship, as you may expect, is in great shape. Public areas have a lot of space as are the dining room tables. Our balcony room was roomy and nice.The Donatello dining room management was too snooty for us, so we ate most of our meals at the Horizon buffet, avoiding them. This makes me wonder why I accepted the automatic $6.50 per day charge for using the dining rooms.The show dancers were wonderful as well as the Atrium entertainment. Getting on was way too long, however disembarkation was effortless. Most of the passengers on the cruise were local senior citizens and used the excuse of "groups" to cut in line. Then our embarkation hostess, Carolyn, actually left us for a half-hour. Princess had no backup to replace her.Finally, a word about pricing. I booked the cruise in August. The occupants of the room next to us booked the week of the cruise at a SUBSTANTIAL discount.