Golden Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Great Overall Experience!

Sail Date: June 09, 2007

The Golden Princess was impressive to say the least. It was a floating mall and hotel all rolled into one. My room was very nice, and everything onboard was kept clean and neat at all times.

Pros: We were treated like kings and queens.

Cons: Not enough "family friendly" activities onboard.

Recommends Golden Princess? Yes!

This is the one area where I was disappointed. I do not drink, gamble, or use profanity. Almost everything offered involved one of those three activities. We literally had to walk out of a couple of onboard shows due to the language and/or content. There is no reason, in my opinion, why an entertainer thinks he has to be off color, vulgar, or use profanity to be funny. We eventually got to the place we simply quit trying to find something to do while onboard the ship.
Juneau, Alaska

Don't Miss: The whale watching excursion was absolutely wonderful. We saw a whale do a full "breach" on two occasions.
Skagway, Alaska
This is nothing but a tourist trap, in my opinion.
Victoria, British Columbia
This would have made a wonderful all-day excursion, rather than the few hours we were there. It is a beautiful city, and has much to offer -- so long as you don't arrive late in the evening as we did.
Ketchikan, Alaska

Don't Miss: The eagles, lighthouses, and totem poles excursion was great.