Our southern Caribbean cruise

Cruises: 4-6 cruises
Helpful Vote: 1

Overall rating:

Freedom of the Seas

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)

Sail date: September 15, 2018

Ship: Freedom of the Seas

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 8372

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Had a great time, except for coming down with bronchitis due to awful second hand smoke in the casino, a visit to the medical clinic on the ship, and the $500.00 bill. The Doctor was very nice and so we're the nurses. If I hadn't had treatment, I would I gotten pneumonia. Ports of call were great! Would sail again!

Embarkation

Fast and easy!

Ship experiences

The main dining room food was always fantastic! Our waiters were awesome! All the food was great!

The only complaint I have is that the casino is not smoke free! As a result, I got bronchitis which ruined the last 2 days of my cruise. I had to go see the ship's doctor, which cost me $500.00. and did not get to snorkel in Barbados. Seriously, these casinos need to be smoke free.

Logo Souvenir Shop

Samantha from the shop was very friendly and helpful!

Casino Royale

Needs to be smoke free!!!! I got bronchitis from only being in there a few hours on 2 evenings! The " smoke free slot machines " are a joke. Because some chimney is always lighting up right next to it.

Our room steward, Ralph, was awesome! Our waiters, Rian and Aliston were great! The head waiter, Richie, Was always nice.

The room was great! Always clean , comfortable and tidy. The only complaint I have is that the shower water temp was never hot enough.

Ship tip

If you have allergies or asthma, Do Not go to the casino!

Ports of call