a disaster

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Freedom of the Seas

6 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 19, 2017

Ship: Freedom of the Seas

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: 1670

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Complete disaster of a vacation. No time to relax or decompress. No time to enjoy one another due to illness that could have been avoided if one person had taken a few minutes to make sure the bags he was unloading from the bus were at the correct port, instead he was too worried about how many (blank) tips he was going to receive from the passengers. We are now suffering from my husband missing work, being extremely ill, and having to go back to his doctor for treatment. We will also have to our eye doctor for an appointment to replace his Rx reading glasses that are lost. I will never recommend RC to anyone and plan to write as many reviews, scathing, about my experience as possible. I hope that RC will reach out to me and resolve this matter, I am at the point that I want to forget I booked this cruise.

Embarkation

a nightmare. my husband's carryon was placed on the wrong dock - wrong ship - he was out clothes and medicine the entire trip. Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas crew did NOTHING to try and get his bag back to us the entire week. as a result my husband is now suffering from diverticulitis and missing work. I will never cruise with RC again. And I've been cruising since 1999, this was most likely my last cruise, ever.

Ship experiences

It was most likely the stress we were under with out my husband's meds for his stomach - we found the food mediocre and average.

the only onboard activity we enjoyed was the Solarium pool

my husband did not feel well enough to go to any shows

we have no comment on this - we have no children

our room steward was average - there is no motivation to keep a stateroom pristine due to tips being included in your everyday expenses. there was only ONE lady at the Guest Relations desk who tried to help us with our lost luggage, I wish I could remember her name. Floridan (from France) was most condescending to us.

We loved the roominess of our cabin but our room steward was average. He left a plate with pizza on it on the table for 2 days. He did change our towels with out me requesting though, I did appreciate that.

Ship tip

reconsider.

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

They placed my husband's carry on luggage on the wrong ship! No accountability - no way of scanning bags - no way to communicate between employees other than their personal phones. It is a POOR way to move people's personal belongings. I will never go through Port Everglades EVER again. And we never received any advice or suggestions on how to get my husband's luggage back. No form to fill out was mentioned - only a #800 to call.

George Town, Grand Cayman

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico Did not visit port

we did not go ashore - my husband was too ill

people were very friendly and extremely pushy to get you to buy something, but you expect that in these ports. the ONLY reason we left the ship to go ashore was to try and find my husband another pair of shorts to wear besides the ones he had been wearing for the past FIVE days

Disembarkation

After asking the original Port Everglades employee, a girl, about our bag again, she was shocked that RC had not tried to get the bag back to us. My question now is, WHO is responsible for getting lost luggage back?! Everyone seemed to be pointing fingers at the next person and NOONE had an answer, we left the Port with an #800 and our responsibility to call on Monday, after Silhouette of the Seas docked, to call and find out where our luggage was. We STILL have not received any answer!