Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Our favorite ship!

Sail Date: July 01, 2013

My wife and I have been on Freedom twice and it is by far and away our favorite ship after 5 other cruises on different ships. Although I must bump the rating from 5 to 4 stars due to food quality and some minor annoyances.

Pros: Activities\, entertainment\, staff

Cons: food

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? Yes!

The ship is magnificent. Incredibly well laid out and easy to navigate\, Carnival should take notes. While this is a mega ship you never feel like there is a lack of room. Public areas are very large and there is always a chair or secluded area to have for yourself. The ship handles crowds with ease and there is rarely a line for anything other than maybe the flowrider but that is because it is awesome.
The steakhouse has become a tradition for us on any ship we sail. The steakhouse on Freedom is fantastic. The main dining is where I feel quality has dropped even in 4 years that we have been cruising. It was just OK\, nothing blew me away from our main dining experience. This is a industry problem and not just RCL or more specifically Freedom.
We chose a atrium view cabin\, while cool for the first day we didn't really feel it was worth the extra cash. The room itself was decent sized and comfortable. We wish we could get the room colder though. Even though the AC was cranked all the way cold it didn't seem to change much.
RCL never disappoints us in this area. Top notch service in all areas.
I am not a big show person but I found the shows on Freedom to be AWESOME! Made me want to go to shows I usually would pass on. My only quibble is that the new Dreamworks partnership RCL made popped up in very annoying places. The sail away party was a fun full of dancing our first time on Freedom\, this second time it was all Madagascar characters and kids dances. Made us not want to be on deck during the sail away.