Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great 1st Cruise!

Sail Date: May 01, 2014

The overall design of the Freedom of the Seas was impeccable and modern. The use of the itinerary/map kiosk was brilliant especially when trying to navigate your way around the ship. The Windjammer &Jade Cafe's was lovely and felt like vacation with the wood furniture and hints of asian elegance. Chops Grille was divine and great for formal dining. The fitness center was state of the art and placed well to enjoy working out in front of a panoramic view overlooking the water. The outdoor activities areas (pools\, athletic courts\, surfing\, rock climbing\, etc.) were beautiful (which some things were indoors though like the pools or athletic courts-weather purposes). The shops on the promenade were beautiful but not very versatile. The casino took all my money but I still wanted to play more - should be smoke free. Studio B and the Arcadia were very well engineered and I loved the versatility that you can do in such a small space. Overall\, my experience on the Freedom of the Seas was a great one and I would definitely sail again!

Pros: Ports of Call (Besides Jamaica)\, Things to Do On-Board\, Comfy Beds!

Cons: Shore Excursion Options\, Availability of Some Activities

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? Yes!

Wish I could have done all the activities but they weren't always offered at various intervals or on different days. The shows in Arcadia & Studio B did offer a variety but some shows were mediocre and put me to bed. The prices on some of these activities should be against the law...but I did have fun for what I did get to participate in.
Service was impeccable. Well deserved gratuity.
Hello\, it was great! Even though it was small\, we were never in the room. The beds were comfy\, our stateroom attendants left us towel animals and made up our rooms so fast that I couldn't believe it when I left for 5 minutes and my bed was made!
Food was good - not as exotic or as delicious as I would have expected but great nonetheless. Chops Grille though was amazing! Love the fact that you can eat anywhere\, anytime on the ship and for the most part it's free!
No complaints. Always clean\, could find everything especially with the help of the map kiosks and everywhere on the ship had a photo opportunity.