Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

food or amenities?

Sail Date: January 13, 2013

Beautiful ship, spectacular entertainment, gorgeous balcony, terrific cabin attendant and generally friendly staff. At the height of the flu outbreak, RC had Purell dispensers literally everywhere: I was duly impressed. It must have worked, because I didn't see anyone exhibiting cold or flu symptoms!
On the downside, I thought the food on my last 2 Carnival cruises was better: about half of the dishes, especially the fish, were bland at best. Ok, to be sure, but not spectacular. They do pasta well, along with the appetizers.
Now then, there IS spectacular food on this ship: at Portofino. Beyond impeccable service and one of the top 3 meals of my life. (I'm over 50, have ingested a lot of terrific food!)
Overall, a really fun vacation - it's just that I go primarily for the food.
Portofino: spectacular
The best shows of any cruise I've taken
Children's Programs They looked great but NA for me.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island) Didn't get off the ship for this one
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Was given an erroneous map by RC
Philipsburg, St. Maarten