Little Things Missing from Experience

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Eastern Caribbean
Sail Date: October 21, 2012
Ship: Freedom of the Seas
The Freedom of the Seas didn't quite seem up to the standards of other RCCL ships I've been on in the last few years but, by only a slight margin. For example, towels placed in the bath were frayed in a couple of occasions. The bed mattress had a permanent depression. The television didn't have a CBS, ABC, or NBC option but, that is a minor beef. I didn't like that the cruise line now includes the loyalty club concierge as a required tip when you pay with your credit card. An error in posting a loyalty coupon to my account was never corrected before I had to get off and the customer service people didn't seem to care about their error. The overall value I seem to be getting has declined more than the cost has gone up. I still like RCCL and cruising but it isn't the value I've grown accustomed to over 18 cruises in 11 years.

Some nice changes have been made to the dining room menu but the food is only somewhat better than the Windjammer cafeteria.

The cabin attendant and Dining Room Waiter were truly interested in my needs and we among the best we've experienced.

Overall maintenance seemed good and the ship seemed reasonably clean and tidy.

Paid to get an upgrade to D1 (midship) and the small additional space may is not worth the additional cost. The only reason to favor D1 over D8 is the location.

Pros: Dining Room Service

Cons: The constant appeal to buy a beverage\, eat in a private setting\, or buy something else.

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? Yes!