Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A good beginning. A first-timer's view

Sail Date: September 02, 2012

The vessel was a floating city, as large as a Vegas hotel and almost as varied. Distances were too m uch for me on board, alas. The ports of call were adequate but nothing to rave about, not being a dolphin petter or zipline afficianado. The wait staff at our table (290) were gracious, efficient, and helpful. The bar staff in Bolero was equally outstanding. The film list was fine, and the fit and finish of the vessel was outstanding. My promenade stateroom was as large as m ost Hong Kong hotel rooms, more than adequate. Food was ample and the evening offerings were often outstanding and memorable.

Pros: By far\, the late seating dinner at Table 290 was a highpoint of each day. There were five of us strangers who clicked and had a ball every evening. We enjoyed the food\, imbibed the wines\, and chattered until the staff needed us to leave. We closed down the joint\, so to speak\, each night. Then we

Cons: The vessel's size was too vast for me. I will continue cruising but on smaller vessels. I like more direction\, and the \"talks\" were not very helpful . I may choose an academic cruise next time

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? Yes!

Evenings were the best. Breakfast and lunch were fine. The views were good\, and the stability of the vessel was marvelous. The staff was efficient and outgoing.