Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Purser

Would Recommend This Cruise!

Sail Date: August 01, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This is my first cruise and I can honestly say I did not have high expectations. I was concerned about the crowd, being bored, getting sea sick, and eating just buffet food. On the contrary the Freedom of the Seas has completely changed any perceptions I had and I will be a repeat cruiser.

The cruise director brought energy and humor to the various activities and shows. There is some much to do that the challenge is trying to choose which one to go to. On the other hand, if you don't want to do anything, close the curtains and the stateroom is pitch dark and dream away.

With a ship catering to 3K plus guest, the staff is absolutely exceptional. Especially our stateroom attendant and dining room staff. Every day, we would pass by our stateroom at least 3 times a day as she is cleaning our rooms and other rooms. She would always take a moment to say Hi, how are doing, are we having a good time and did we need anything. The dining staff quickly remembered our drink preferences on the second day and they would just come right out like clockwork every time we sat down. Extremely nice and checks up if we needed anything else.

When I walk around at all hours, I'm seeing the staff cleaning, wiping and vacuuming. They do a great job keeping this large ship with this many people clean.

Pros: Staff\, mixture of activities\, and the food is actually surprisingly good

Cons: Need self control if you are on a diet. There is just food everywhere.

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? Yes!

Would recommend the dining room for the service and food. The buffet is buffet and not bad but can get old especially if your eyes are bigger than your stomach.
Five stars when it comes to customer service\, direction\, help and an every day smile even if you pass by them 5 times a day.
Considering that the production is on a ship\, don't have much expectations. It's actually not too bad. The guess performers were awesome!