Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A hideous experience from start2finish!

Sail Date: June 17, 2012

Inferior food, dirty conditions, corny entertainment, shoddy excursions, hard sell at every turn on overpriced items, canceled only activities I might have enjoyed, huge lines and overcrowding for everything. I've waited a lifetime to take a cruise and this lived up to none of my expectations. It was a huge disappointment and I intend to complain in detail to Royal Caribbean. Cab fares were between $80-$120 when I was told $30 to and from Melbourne airport. Orlando was the only airport that the ship transported bags to...no one told me any of this. I was double charged for my spa treatments though I'd paid in advance and it wasn't easy getting it fixed. All in all, it was a huge waste of money. I've never been so disappointed with a vacation in my life.

Pros: being on the water

Cons: the black scum on the side of the pool...I now have a serious infection!

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? No.

Dining and room staff were wonderful and seemed genuine. All others appear disengenuous and only hoping for extra tips. Shop staff were like cheap hawkers trying to lure me into their second-rate shops. It was revolting. The spa treatments were inferior and my masseause pushed such a hard sell after my first massage that it ruined the mood and I canceled any further interactions with them.
Beautiful ship.
The room was laid out nicely but I can say never cruise with an interior stateroom. A balcony would have helped greatly.
Cheap and inferior to run of the mill buffets stateside.
No variety throughout the day; most "fun" sport activities were in the early morning and not repeated. Most of what I wanted was canceled due to short staffing (I was told by the sporting staff). There was a line to elliptical machines so I gave up. The entertainment was horrible and headline shows a sham. The ice skaters fell constantly and comedy was ridiculous...3rd rate at best. I gave up.