Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

The BEST Cruise Ever!!!

Sail Date: March 25, 2012

When we pulled up to the ship in the port I thought there was a amusement park on the top. It was the rock climbing wall, the flow rider, and the sports area. The kids were so amazed at how HUGE the ship was.

Pros: The Ship, The Staff, The layout of the ship, Our rooms

Cons: Missed a port due to weather

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? Yes!

We ate in the dinning room at 8:00 seating the food was wonderful. There was something on the menu each night that the kids, and the adults loved. We also ate at the Windjammer. The buffet had WONDERFUL food. The salad bar was amazing and the breakfast choices were spectacular.
We had two rooms one was with a balcony and sleep two people. It was great! We were out on the balcony all of the time. Going forward we will not go without one. The other room was an ocean view. It was better the Carnival's ships. We were not in that room very often. However, the layout with the couch and the TV was wonderful.
The crew on this ship was the best I have ever had. From Walter the room attendant to Eliseo our waiter at table 299 I did not want to leave the ship they were so nice. I never once saw any staff with a bad look on their face. They were ALWAYS smiling and willing to help. By the pool area there were always someone available to get you a drink. Even in the Windjammer buffet area the staff was over the top nice! The all were AMAZING!
My husband and I were traveling with two 11 year olds, a 16 year old, and my 61 year old mother. There was something for each of us to do at every hour of the day. We loved the movies by the pool. They had a huge movie screen by the pool that you could watch durning the day or at night. It was great having the kids swim and we could enjoy a movie. There were also movies going on in the theater everyday. Even 3-D movies. There was always something to do. The cruise director was so funny and entertaining.
Again, there was something for the kids to do at all times. If they were not swimming they were rock climbing, on the flow rider, watching a movie, mini golfing, at the arcade, or hanging out with the friends they made on the ship.
Once we got on I loved the promenade area. It was lined with shops that would convenient with food and a general store. The ship was huge, but it felt like you could get from one end to the other in no time. The ship was very clean at all times.