terrific ship

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: February 01, 2012
Ship: Freedom of the Seas
just the tipping strategies really turned me off. I tip on quality of service not because they do not pay the help a living wage. This alone may keep me from returning to another cruise although we did enjoy ourselves.

Typical "cattle call" food but good and I certainly didn't starve although I didn't gourge myself like so many experienced cruisers said I would. the opportunity was there but I can get better food and not in a cattle call environment at an all inclusive resort just about anywhere.

The Broadway style shows were excellent, comedian was good, and the ice show was excellent. Could have done without the magician.

as always there were good and not-so-good. Our Waiter and stateroom attendant were both fantastic.

Stateroom was nice size but the colors were a bit depressing. the colors they chose seemed like they were chosen to cover up any residule dirt.

Pros: Relaxing atmosphere

Cons: This was my first cruise and I was very turned off by the, "In Your Face" way the cruise lines mandate tips. On top of the 15% gratuity added to each and EVERY purchase, for the final three days of the cruise they throw in your face how much, "they suggest" you tip. it could have totaled $400.00

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? Yes!