Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A magnificent first cruise

Sail Date: May 08, 2011

My husband and I recently cruised on the Freedom of the Seas, it was our first cruise and we cannot say enough, how much we enjoyed it. I have a tendancy to have motion sickness and the little round patch certainly took care of that problem. We loved everything about our cruise.

Pros: The face that you could be as busy or relaxed as YOU wanted to be

Cons: There were so many things to do that it was hard to choose

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? Yes!

I rated this excellent and not "the best" because we had to wait on elevators many times. I know there isn't anything that can be done about this, but it certainly was a bit annoying.
LOVED IT, enough said
We were very happy that we booked a balcony stateroom. To be able to sit on our balcony while in port or at sea was amazing.
Everyone was very helpful, it was nice that you met a staff person on the first night at the Seattle's Best coffee shop and he greated you by name every time you walked in after that. We felt that everyone went above and beyond, AND Graham Seymore did a fantastic job of informing us of the daily activities.
Our only concern was the timing of the Dream Works parade on the first night of the cruise. We felt it was too late, but I am sure others thought it was perfect. On a positive note, we did catch the parade the second time, and decided that our children and granddaughters WILL be on our next cruise. They would have loved everything about this.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
We really liked how relaxed Cococay was, you could participate in the activities or just relax in a beach chair or float in the ocean.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
It is a beautiful port, HOWEVER, we did not like the pushy locals there. From the minute we stepped of the water taxi it started with the chairs, umbrellas, and drink battle, and moved onto the ladies with the hats,beach cover up's, etc...., they just didn't stop. Even while we were having lunch with friends they would still come to your table, interupt your conversation to buy from them. We gave up and went back to the ship early because they just wouldn't stop!!! We understand this is their form of income but to come up over and over and over is a bit much.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Shopping, do I need to say more??