Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Best Vacation Ever!

Sail Date: May 01, 2011

I don't say "Best Vacation Ever" lightly having been to Hawaii twice and many other destinations to include Lake Tahoe, Las Vegas, San Diego, New York City, Breckingridge, etc. This was our 15 year wedding anniversary, and we did our celebrating right by going on this ship. The ship's crew were teriffic. The food was always fabulous and plenty of it (probably too much since my scale squawked at me when we got back). We did excursions in every port. Loved all the shows, and we thoroughly enjoyed the mystery dinner. Just the time of our lives.

Pros: All the ports

Cons: ONLY 7 DAYS!!

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? Yes!

Did not even notice there was over 4200 on this cruise. The only time we felt cramped was at check-in. After that, they spread us out pretty well. It's obvious that the crew is following the Captain's lead. Captain Hempstead was very personable and very funny. He was even more of an entertainer with his various announcements during the day. I looked forward to hearing him tell us about his view from the bridge.
Windjammer did great, but I thought the main dining room could have had a little better selection. Great service though.
Our balcony was amazing. Nothing like private viewing of the ocean and the sites as we came into and out of port. This is a great way to travel on a seven day cruise.
Very friendly staff. Extremely outgoing. Great service from our staeroom attendent and our main dining room waiter (and head waiter was also the most involved I have evenr seen on a cruise which was a nice treat).
There's always something to do at any given time. Ice skating and surfing while at sea in one crazy is that! That's just one day. Great shows with some of the best sigers e'e seen on a cruise ship.