Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Joy To Share

Sail Date: April 01, 2010

I have experienced many cruise ships on many cruise lines ... this was an awesome experience. While I look forward to trying out the larger and newer Oasis Of The Seas, it will be hard to beat the experience we just had. Trying out the "boogie board" on the Flow Rider was an experience of a lifetime. Having an ice skating rink, a full-sized basketball court, a huge rock-climbing wall, and a miniature golf course ... is icing on the cake. The Broadway-style shows were a treat, with a lead singer that blows you away with her powerful voice. The magic show was a high-tech work of art. The guest singer was was very high energy. The cruise director was the best I have ever seen. It is easy to see why this ship has been rated #1 in entertainment for three years in a row. As for the ports of call, I wish we would have had more time. The private island was huge, and had more to do than any I have ever witnessed. In Jamaica I highly recommend climbing Dunn's River Falls. At Grand Cayman Island, swimming with the stingrays is a must! I am not into "formal nights" or "assigned seat dining" ... but the food at the Windjammer buffets is just as good, with more variety, and no hassle or time constraints. Of all the joy I had on this cruise, the greatest was the looks on the faces of the three "first-timers" on the cruise with me. The were in awe of the entire experience ... far beyond all expectations.

Pros: Flow Rider, Ice Skating Rink, Promenade, Top-Rated Shows

Cons: Not enough time in ports

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? Yes!