Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A cruise of Freedom!

Sail Date: January 01, 2010

Freedom of the Seas really gave us a sense of freedom, which allowed us to come home relaxed and ready to get back into our routines. The break from the Iowa winter was welcome, making getting through the rest of it tolerable. I am glad we chose to pre-pay gratuities, since that gave us one less decision to make, so we could just enjoy.
We were a little worried that we might get bored since we are not gamblers or drinkers, but no problem! The live shows were professional and superbly entertaining; I loved the fitness classes and enjoyed the knowledgable instructors; plus there were really more events and learning opportunities than we could do in the time allotted.
And then there is the food. We are very particular about ours and must say that the choices available always left us happy. There was not one course we tried at dinner that we did not have that "mmmm" experience. I have to compliment the chefs once more. Even the Windjammer buffet had great food that you could get quickly, with a wide selection of freshly made delicacies. The quality of food and service could be a reason in itself for going on the Freedom of the Seas.
The destinations were an adventure. We chose to not take advantage of the excursions on this first cruise, and wished we had more info about the destinations before we landed, but next time we will do more research. I think it may be hard to plan for a place until you experience it yourself the first time. Next time we will be more savvy about taxi drivers and island conditions. But we had fun, and enjoyed ourselves at all 3 destinations.
This cruise was so different from any other vacation we have taken, it has opened a new world to us, one I am sure we will enjoy again. Well done, Royal Caribbean!

Pros: Letting go of my normal responsibilities for an entire week. Service was top-notch!

Cons: The process of boarding was a little time-consuming, but not terrible.

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? Yes!