Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

My cruise experience

Sail Date: September 01, 2009

Overall the ship was fine. The customer service was poor from beginning to end. While planning the cruise I had difficulty obtaining the color-coded luggage tags. I made several phone calls to Royal Caribbean and my travel agency and spoke to multiple people before finally finding someone at the travel agency willing to help me and did receive the tags a few days prior to travel. The cutomer service personnel at RC were rude and unhelpful. On boarding the ship and locating my cabin I discover RC has cut out amenities such as chocolate on the pillows, etc. Small things, but a nice touch. The staff at photograph counter were very unhelpful when we were trying to locate our photos. Finally I reminded the person that if they wanted to sell photos we had to be able to locate them, finally some reluctant help! The computers set up to let you view/order photos were not user friendly. I am amazed that RC is building larger ships when they need to concentrate on taking care of the current travelers. The Flowrider was probably the best thing on the ship, and the staff operating it was upbeat and fun. Our cabin steward was right-on, always pleasant and helpful. Our waiter was knowledgable and attentive, did not have the personality of the waiter last fall on the Mariner, but he was exceptional and did set a very high bar. Our assistant waiter was always smiling, and very attentive. The Head Waiter was hands-on. The waiters in the WindJammer were not as attentive as last fall on the Mariner.

Pros: The island tours were very good. Good commentary from the guides, a good overview of the islands, organized and well-planned.

Cons: Customer service was some of the poorest I have ever encountered.

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? Yes!