Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

The ship was beautiful

Sail Date: March 15, 2009

This is my 5th cruise and I have to say the food was VERY disappointing. The entire 7 days we never had ripe fruit. The honey dew, cantalope and pineapple were rock hard and never ripe the entire 7 days on ship. I can get better fruit at home. The portions at dinner were strange and very skimpy. Every single night at dinner the vegetable portions were extremely small in a strange way. For instance: one night the "vegetable" of the day was brocolli and our portion at dinner was literally one floret of brocolli. The next night; vegetable was green beans and literally 4 greens on the plate. The next night; brussel sprout; literally 3 sprouts on the plate. You get the idea....The mashed potato portion was literally 3 bites of potato. What was strange is that the meat portion was just right or more than enough of what you would expect at a restaurant. You would think it would have been the other way around. The service was of course excellant. But I was really disappointed in the food. Years ago I took a Royal Carribean cruise and I remember the food being over the top. I've gone on almost every cruise line. NCL cruise food was even better than this. Royal Carribean...What has happened? I guess like everything else they have had to cut cost. The fruit not being ripe though was in- excusable in my book. Our room was great, no complaints there. Probably would not do another Royal Carribean cruise though.

Pros: The separate pool; just for adults only

Cons: Food

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? Yes!

Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
didn't get off the shiop
George Town, Grand Cayman
The shopping was nice. People were nice, not that aggresive. If you are looking for jewelry, this is your place for sure.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Avoid Dunns Rivers Falls if you don't have any intention of climbing. We noticed that literally every excursion on the ship for Jamaica ended here; and now we know why. SUPER,MAJOR AGGRESIVE locals trying to pedal their stuff and it was coming out of the river park at the end there is no way to avoid them.
Tulum was awesome. Go on the excursion with the "beach break" the guide was Mayan and he was amazing and gave great info.