Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Freedom is a dream come true

Sail Date: August 26, 2007

This was my first cruise and I have been told no other could hold a candle to the Freedom of the Seas. The entertainment is top notch, the Portofino restaurant is 5 star in my book. I f I had known how great Portofino was I would have booked it for every meal. What a buy! The main dining romm was super, the service personnel had a parade and other brief show on 3 nights. The selection and quality of the food is great. I do not usually order any steak other than filet minon because of the poor quality and toughness of the meat. I suggest you do the same. The filet minon was superb - the deserts were beautiful - it's all about the service and the food. The daytime activities for children were great, the alternative activities for adults (other than the pool, bingo and gambling) was limited to health seminars to sell more health services and shopping seminars. I do not suggest you spend $25 on the shopping book. If you are buying huge diamonds then get advise from the agent on the ship. Just use a little common sense when you do shop. Get ready for the ice show, the passenger entertainment was very innovative to say the least. You may watch all the passenger activities on the ship's tv channel in your room. The in room tv program showing how the Fredom was conceived and built is a must see. If you love people being who they are you don't want to miss the passenger shows. i loved the cruise director and her assistants. They really know how to entertain. There is a continuous schedule of events and activities including food. The pools and florider (catch a wave on a boogie board) was fun to watch. My only disappointment was the golf simulator was out of service when I wanted to use it. I can't wait to go again!

Pros: the ship activities and service

Cons: the ports of call

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? Yes!

San Juan, Puerto Rico
arrived at 3 had to return to ship by 10:15 All excursions seemed not doable at this hour. I did a self guided walk to El Morro through old San Juan and dinner at La Mallequina the oldest restaturant in San Juan with excellent service and food.
Don't Miss: The view from El Morro - stay on the ship and relax.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
excellent snorkeling at Diamond Beach -
Don't Miss: Snorkel activity is a don't miss.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
excellent snorkeling at Diamond Beach -
Don't Miss: Snorkel activity is a don't miss.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Don't Miss: The view from El Morro - stay on the ship and relax.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
The beaches are beautiful and the Loderie Farm was fun but not for short people.
Don't Miss: The beach.