Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Wow, what a ship!

Sail Date: February 01, 2007

Room Type: Suite

We have been on numerous ships, and cruise lines, Freedom of the Seas is by far the best ship and cruise line we have been on. If you are looking for a great cruise with amazing decor and beauty at every corner, then Freedom of the Seas is your ship. I wanted to go to Hawaii but my wife saw a commercial for Freedom of the Seas and said she wanted to do that ship. I was a little annoyed at first, but after the cruise I had to thank her. Yeah, it was that good. I will tell you that if I ever set foot in Jamaica again, I likely won't leave the ship. We did the waterfall excursion that took over 2 hours to get there over dirt road / pothole terrain. We had a driver that thought he was at the Indianapolis 500 and a guide that thought everyone was a giant dollar sign. The waterfalls were pretty but our guides actually stopped us for a tip. I mean stood in our way and even grabbed me for a tip. The vendors actually grabbed my wife and tried to run with her to make her buy something. It was an extremely negative experience of Jamaica, so much so, I never wish to visit again. On the flip side, Georgetown Grand Cayman was by far the best place we've ever travelled and the turtle farm / sting ray city excursion was easily the best excursion we have ever done. A once in a lifetime kind of opportunity. I'd move there if given the chance, it was that nice. Everything about the Grand Cayman island is wonderful. You won't be disappointed. Also, while in Labadee, don't do the Castaway at Malfini beach. It's $69 per person, and they take you on a short boat ride to a postage stamp beach and give you exactly 1 drink. No food, or drink other than the complimentary drink, unless of course you want to pay for it. You can have more fun if you do the other activities, and you get free food and drink at the main sections. I liked Malfini beach, it just wasn't worth the money at all. Should have been a $29 excursion not a $69 excursion.
The ship alone is worth the money you pay! We are considering going on the Freedom's sister ship, Liberty of the Seas, just because of how wonderful the Freedom was. RC definitely earned our continued business!

Pros: The ship's construction...absolutely gorgous!

Cons: 1 excursion in Jamaica, not cruise ship's fault

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? Yes!