Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

What was I waiting for?

Sail Date: April 01, 2010

What can I say, it took me 55 years to finally go on a cruise? We had an awesome time, so many food choices, clubs choices and entertainment choices. We met the best people, ate like queens and enjoyed ourselves tremendously. There was never a moment when "what do I do now" crossed my mind.

Pros: My many, many choices

Cons: Getting off the ship!!

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? Yes!

What a beautiful ship!! So clean and well layed out, it got to be a joke with us - wishing we could find the elves that were keeping the ship clean....never could though.
Lordy, Lordy - I gained 4 lbs!! My recommendation, loose before you cruise - this way you are just working your way back up to your regular weight!! We loved the formal dining but also loved the Windjammer - always something different. Also, there were so many other places on the promenade that served sandwiches, pizza, etc...can you say "will power"?
Our stateroom was fine but next time (hopefully) I will aim for a room with a balcony. We were able to tour a few of the different rooms and if you can afford it's the way to go. Otherwise an interior room is just fine, there was even a love seat in the room - I was very surprised at the amount of furniture, etc they get in these rooms and yet you don't feel cramped.
I loved my room steward - he anticipated needs that I didn't know I had. If you have a teenager you already know what their rooms are like. I don't know how he did it or when but our room was always picked up and put together.
Too much to choose from. My only recommendation for those that have never traveled before - take care of your reservations first!! This way you will avoid standing in line the day of and/or loosing out on seeing a show in the timeframe you wanted. Loved the comedy spots!!