Relaxation!!!!

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: January 01, 2010
Ship: Freedom of the Seas
Beautiful ship, lots of pools, elevators, restaurants and activities.

Overall we mainly ate at the Windjammer Buffett. My husband preferred the assortment to the main dinning room menu. Very large and beautiful restaurant located on the 11th deck. Nice assortment of salad, soups, entrees, fruits, breads etc. We were not impressed with the quality, such as the powdered scrambled eggs but made to order eggs were available. The main dinning room food was average. My husband stated his Prime Rib was tasteless, my Salmon was dry one night and my duck was overcooked another. The lobster day was yummy and I asked for two since they were small. We had my time dinning. We enjoyed this because we could go anytime and eat without a wait or scheduling our dinner. What I didn't like is that we really didn't get to know anyone since we were sat by ourselves each time, unlike at a scheduled time where you sit with the same couples each time. Excellent wait staff!!!

The Ice Show and the nightly productions were absolutely wonderful. Many performances received standing ovations. I highly recommend. We didn't partake in many activities otherwise. I did use the spa which I really enjoyed but was very expensive. My husband had fun with the trivia and there was a game show men vs. women which was very funny and interactive.

Staff was wonderful, friendly and attentive.

Ship was huge, layout was very friendly. Very clean, tons of staff to take care of your every need. Very friendly personel.

Beautiful room, comfy bed, great view. Extremely clean, the attendant was in our room 3x's a day and was exceptionally friendly. We were very happy with the accomodations. Oh and there were 6 pillows on our bed which we loved! Our attendant Michelle was the best!

Pros: Experiencing the different ports of call.

Cons: Often felt there wasn't enough to do for the 40 something age group

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? Yes!