Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Fabulous crew & ship!

Sail Date: August 23, 2009

Overall we had a fabulous vacation! The cruise director, Allan Brooks, was THE BEST cruise director ever (put it this way, I never remember their names).

The crew was top notch, the food was great and there were always activities going on.

The ship was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I have nothing negative to say about this vacation...except that we lost in the casino but our dealer James was so awesome we almost didn't mind!

Pros: Crew, ship and activities

Cons: ??

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? Yes!

Very easy to get around...FIRST CLASS
Loved both specialty restaurants. Also ate at Johnny Rockets but I don't think they used the same turkey burgers that they have on land...milkshake was the best I ever had. Dining staff was top notch and food was great.
Had the superior balcony room - plenty of room, loved the balcony.
GREAT crew!
Loved the late night comic and the magician, other shows were great too.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
We went to St Maarten last year and had the time of our lives. We rented 4 wheelers and rode around the entire island. This time we just walked around and were pretty bored.
Don't Miss: There's a bar on the french side with 50 cent beers
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We did a walking tour of the old homes and Blackbeard's castle. I'd recommend doing this if you can walk and climb!
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
We were kind of bored here personally but we're not really lay on the beach kind of people. I wouldn't avoid a cruise with this port but I wouldn't go just for this port. They have a little area for shopping, everything is overpriced of course. There are lots of beach activities and they have a BBQ for lunch (hot dogs, burgers, ribs)