Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruise Review: Freedom of the Seas

Sail Date: October 26, 2008

Freedom of the Seas is a very huge ship, but nice. There are about 15 levels, plenty of dining rooms to choose from, the gym is well equipped with a sauna. Overall the ship itself is nice.

Pros: The Food

Cons: Days at sea

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? Yes!

The ship is huge and very nice. It is clean and the well kept.
The Windjammer Cafe offers a buffet style meal with plenty to choose from. If you don't feel like eating a formal dinner then you have much to choose from in the Windjammer. They have sushi, steak, you name it.
The mattresses in the stateroom sleep well! We received clean towels twice a day and our beds were turned down everynight. I stateroom attendant was so friendly.
For the entire 7 days on the ship I never encountered a rude staff member.
I think Royal Caribbean needs to step up on the entertainment if they are trying to appeal to the 30 something crowd. It was okay some nights, but it also got to be boring. We finished dinner by 8pm & alot of the music at the bar and club didn't start until around 11pm. They did have shows, but after you've seen one they can be a bit boring-at least for me. I'm not into the whole cabaret thing. My sister and mom went to the ice show and said it was very nice.
Although I didn't bring my child there is accommodations for them. On deck 12 there's an entire game room/fun area. They have babysitting services. The staff took the kids around the ship trick or treating on Halloween night.
George Town, Grand Cayman
I loved Grand Cayman-just beautiful. I will plan a 4 day trip to the island to see more of it. I love the Tortuga rum cakes.
Don't Miss: Seeing the island.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
The cruise line provided a beachside BBQ for us, but I'm not into the whole beach thing. One side of the beach was rocky when I stepped into the water, but the other side was smooth. The water was nice and the beach is clean. They have water activities for those who like it.
Don't Miss: Nothing special.
Cozumel is okay. The beaches are nice and the taxi driver was friendly. You can get $1.00 Corona at the port before going back on to the ship.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Ocho Rios was okay. I didnt' get to see much on the island because we attended a ship wedding that ended around noon. We went to Fern Gulley.
Don't Miss: Dunns River Falls although I told it was overated.