Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

How many passengers?

Sail Date: July 15, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The ship is so beautiful and enormous in size. The rooms are larger than other ships I have been on. The activities from putt-putt golf, rock-wall climbing, surfing and many others, I had never imagined on a ship. The ice skating rink performed an ice show that was dazzleing for all ages. All of the entertainment in the shows was excellent. I couldn't really find much wrong with this ship except maybe the selection in the shops. It was inferior quality jewelry and way overpriced. We had a 3 year old and she loved their childrens program. They had enough room so there was something unique for everyone to enjoy as well as the old standards like the art auction, bingo and a really nice casino. I was skeptical about the number of passengers but it wasn't bad and well worth the trip on the largest ship afloat!!!

Pros: Beautiful ship inside and out. It has amazing activities, something for everyone and the best part is no long lines. It has been designed to accomodate 4,000 passengers and I have been on cruise ships with 1,000 passengers where the wait in line was longer.

Cons: I would have to say the onboard shopping. There isn't much selection and the prices are very high.

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? Yes!

Nice and friendly but very TIP oriented.
Food was average for a cruise ship. Some of the food was bland and the coffee is bitter, I think so people will buy Starbuck's. It had the longest line aboard!
Beautiful, beautiful ship!
Great room and the linens are like royalty must use.
The best quality and diversity I have seen on a cruise ship, ever!!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I had been here before but I was disappointed that it seems poorer and dirtier than ever.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
I have been visiting this island for over 30 years and it is slowly declining due to poverty and tourism. It is very impoverished except for the rich few and the island is very dirty and rundown. Sad to see for me. Again, just hundreds od bling, bling shops. You have to hunt very hard for any local gift shops.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Went on a aquarium and semi-sub half day tour. Don't waste your money. The aquarium was filthy and you'll see more fish in an office bldg's lobby aquarium. The sub has a diver who eventually goes into the water with dog food and attracts all five little fish over to him. It was a huge disappointment, and not cheap either. The island also has become poorer and more run down. It has very little local business flavor or shops as middle eastern jewelers occupy 800 little and big shops promising you the best deals and punching their calculators , giving you the "very best deal on the island".
Don't Miss: Maybe the scuba diving although the weather was bad so we didn't go.