Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

The ship really needs to be updated.

Sail Date: June 01, 2013

The ship was very dated in many ways. I have been on many cruises and there also was very little activities for both the adults and children. The buffet really needs improvement. The food was the same everyday for 10 days. They put a little spin on some of the food by changing the spices but yet everything was still the same variety. You felt like ordering out if it was possible.

Pros: The staff was very nice.

Cons: The buffet was fair at best.

Recommends Explorer of the Seas? No.

The sit down restaurants were nice but the buffet was nothing to right home about. They also really need outdoor grills by the pool like every other ship I have been on. If you are with kids\, they should be able to grab a quick bite without leaving your sight.
We had to have the mattresses changed in our room. The beds were very uncomfortable and when I tried to adjust the padding\, it was heavily stained with bodily fluids from prior guests. It really grossed my wife and I out.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to put a smile on your face.
The cruise director was very good but the activities were limited in comparison to other cruise lines.