First Cruise

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

Sail Date: September 01, 2011
Ship: Explorer of the Seas
The staff was wonderful. I was traveling with my mom and my 3 year old daughter and they could not have been nicer to any of us, but especially my daughter.

The food was okay. Not gourmet, but the dining room meals were pretty good. I loved having the little cafe in the promenade. My daughter ate quite a few sandwiches there when she wasn't hungry at meal times.

The variety of activities was lacking. There could be some seminars on things other than crafts (towel animals, jewelry, etc).

See Ship staff quality as well. The process they have in place for the children's center is very simple to follow, but seems efficient. My daughter loved some of the programs and had a great time at the Pirate Parade.

Everyone we encountered was more than helpful and polite and friendly. My daughter made "friends" with quite a few of the workers and knowing that she was well taken care of made for a much more enjoyable trip for me.

The ship was very nice overall. The layout was fine, but I did not like having to walk all of the way from our room to the far elevators to be able to get down to the 3rd floor dining room (hard using the stairs with a stroller or climbing 5 floors with a 3 year old). Also, the kid's pool was not marked anywhere - found out about it through other guests.

Our stateroom was wonderful - definitely large enough for a family. There was new carpet, but some of the furniture could use replacing.

Pros: Staff

Cons: maps could be better

Recommends Explorer of the Seas? Yes!