Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

Good cruise.

Sail Date: June 01, 2011

The food was OK, however the variety of food could have been better. We sailed couple of times before with royal, this was now june 9,2011, and we have seen a big difference with their food choices. It was much better five years ago. Also, we tried Portofino restaurant, again 5 years ago, we found that was also better then. The ship is very clean, the staff is extremly friendly and curtious and they do go absolutely out of their way to please you. However, my biggest disappointment was that when I talked to quite a few European passengers (about 10) they all told me that they have a flat screen TV. We didnt have it. So, I came to the conclusion that they have certain cabins, updated for Europeans. That should all be updated. Also, I must add, that as far as price for the cruise, this was most costly compare to our cruise just last year . Last year we took Princess from Bklyn NY, same number of days.

Pros: The most that I liked on the ship was the entertainment,it was top notch. It always is.We sailed many times before.

Cons: The ship definately needs updating, needs to be refurbished , I noticed old tv, carpeting all faded, etc.

Recommends Explorer of the Seas? No.

What I didn't care for is the fact, that they gave you 2 small towells , which was suppose to be beach towels (all faded) always, and they would charge $20.00 if you would forget to return them the same day. Who will steal those towels, they are all old and faded. Years ago, they would actually have nice beach towels. Therefor, next time I will bring my own towels.
The staff is all exceptional, all of them.
Quality and variety is excellent every time, just professional in every aspect.
I noticed that only once during the cruise,they had midnight buffet. We went just to observe, however, there was no tables to sit and eat comfortably, you had to stand or if you sat on a chair,no place to put your plate. The choices were limited. I must point out that , we are not big eaters, only gained two pounds the whole cruise. Definatelly,not what it use to be.
I mentioned before, that everything should be updated in the stateroom as far as decor. I guess, Royal plans to sell this ship, therefor is not worth investing. I am definatelly, cruising with newer ships from now on,only if it is couple of years old, otherwise the ship begins to show all signs of use and abuse. You pay top price,might as well choose new.