Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review

I sailed on the Explorer on 7-20-02. What an amazing ship! It is in beautiful condition, and now that I have sailed on a ship this big, I cannot imagine sailing on anything smaller! Everything is what it is cracked up to be -- the ice skating, the mini-putt putt course, Johnny Rockets, the shows, etc!However, I will warn you of a few things: First, the rooms have paper thin walls. (Which, I guess, is somewhat expected on ships), so you can constantly hear kids running in the halls, grown ups talking loudly in the halls at 6am, and people touching hangers in their closet in the next room. This is not the place for sleep!Our room was a little "worn," which I did not expect on such a new ship. Our comforter and couch/chair were dirty and had stains all over them, as did the carpet.We had an atrium view, which I do think is way better than having a inside cabin, or even just a small porthole. It gave you something to look at if you wanted. It was a great place to watch promenade activities, parades, etc...The only thing about this room, is that it may be a bit loud at night for anyone wanting to go to sleep early. They are constantly playing loud music, and that seeps right thru the glass!All in all, this really was a GREAT vacation. "Doctor Moose" our waiter, and his assistant Alvana from Bulgaria made the dining room experience. They could not have been friendlier! We met some great people on this ship nd really had a wonderful time on the Western Caribbean itinerary! Labadee is beautiful and so much more than I expected!Enjoy!!!