Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review

This was my family's second cruise on 1/26/02. Our first one was on a Carnival ship. Everyone told us we would have a better time and better service on this ship than our last. However, this was not true! The ship was wonderful and we liked it. Explorer had everything anyone could ask for. All we heard about was the staff. This was from friends who have cruised a lot, mainly with Royal Caribbean. They said the staff would be right there the whole trip. This was not the case. On two nights, while my children and I ate dinner, my wife watched us. Her dinner came as the staff was setting up for the next group. However, the food was tasty and they made my children happy, which makes me happy.The other thing I looked forward to was the midnight buffet. Friends said it was every night, NOT! Only on Thursday.The kids had a great time at the Adventure Beach Club. The staff was great and very helpful. This made our trip.But I do have to say, that cruising is the best family vacation. Even though this cruise did meet our all expectations, it was a great family vaction. I hope RCI adds staff because they are under staffed. Have a great cruise! I'm planning our next on Carnival.