Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review

I was appalled to read Anne Campbell's review of the food on the Explorer and then I looked at the date of the review. It was over a year ago when the ship was brand new. We sailed on 1-12-02 and had fabulous food, service, activities, shows --everything. The ice show is amazing considering the smaller rink. The decor is luxurious, including the art, sculpture, plush carpet, fresh flowers. There was plenty of glamour and we truly felt as if we were in another world. We had a nice sized cabin with plenty of room, a large outside window, safe, bathroom, good closet space and a king-sized bed, not the queen that we were expecting. We couldn't feel much movement of the ship and didn't have the lightest twinge of seasickness. We were first-timers, but can't imagine going on a smaller ship in the future. We had an international dining table: four Americans, two Canadians and two British. We've been e-mailing each other regularly. I must again reiterate that the food was wonderful with lots of choices and beautiful presentations. The service spoiled us. Now we don't have anyone to place the napkins on our laps, automatically bring our beverages of choice, and cut up our food and take away the bones, as in the case of the Rosemary Chicken and lobstertail. (shells)The desserts were out of this world and there were always sugarless and low-cal choices that didn't make us feel deprived. We didn't eat anywhere else except one breakfast at the Windjammer on Wednesday due to an early excursion time. (I do wish that was a little later.) I had never heard of towel animals and was amazed at our snake, elephant, monkey and alligator. What a hoot! I would like to see an updated Campbell review, since the later passenger reviews are so much better. I would hate for someone to read about the bad food and decide not to go. We plan to go again on the Explorer next year to the Western Caribbean and eagerly await the new ships now under construction.