Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review

Well, we just got back from the Jan. 12, 2002, sailing in the the eastern Caribbean. We had a wonderful time. The room was surprisingly roomy, although the bathroom is very tiny. The food was not that bad, and we had plenty of it. Johnny Rockets is very cool, and probably has the best food on the ship.All the sports activities were a very nice addition. It was rough on two nights, but the rest of the week you didn't even feel the ship rock. The Royal Promenade, the casino (even though I donated) and the Chamber(night club) were a lot of fun. The cigar lounge is a nice quiet place to have a fine cigar if you are a cigar smoker like me. Please don't miss the shows, very nice. Only one complaint, the process for getting on the ship was very long. I would definitely do it again. There were a lot of kids, but the ship is huge and they didn't bother me at all. Plus the "krooze comics" do stuff with them all day to keep them occupied. We had the late seating for dinner, but I strongly recommend the main seating. St. Thomas, Nassau and Labadee were very nice, but I could have skipped San Juan. P.S.Bring your drinking shoes. The bartenders certainly do not skimp on the amount of alcohol they put into the drinks and you definitely get your money's worth on the drinks. Spend the extra money and get a balcony, it's well worth it and makes the room feel much bigger.Enjoy your trip!!!!