Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review

You will be spoiled if you cruise on the Explorer of the Seas! I have to give this ship 5 stars because of so many reasons...First of all the service is the best I have experienced so far. This was only my second cruise, but I was very impressed with the service, especially in the Columbus dining room. Our waiter was on the ball and the head waiter told jokes. The whole waiting staff even serenaded us with "o solo mio" one night. Ok, maybe their singing isn't great, but their service is.On disembarkation everybody waves to the ship as it pulls out of port. At least they do in Miami and Los Angeles. Maybe it's not a big deal but it creates a nice atmosphere. The entertainment blew me away! The shows they put on in Tha Palace theatre were quality! I even asked if I could purchase a recording of one of their shows, but it wasn't offered. I guess you just have to see it for yourself. The ice show was so good I saw it more than once (but don't tell them this because tickets are limited to one show per guest on board). I was lucky enough to meet the guest stars of the ice show on Labadee, and they were very nice and let me take a picture of them.I thought Nassau was ok as a port of call. Definately Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island is the best sight to see there. But there is a fee to explore it.St. Thomas was just beautiful! I remember seeing commercials for visiting the Virgin Islands when I was a kid, and it is just like how they advertised it. It is the largest shopping port in the Caribbean but I did not go there to shop. We took a shore excursion on a sailboat to Buck Island where we snorkeled. I never have seen so many colorful fish! I liked San Juan the best out of all the ports of call. It is one of those places where a photographer-by-hobby, like myself, will feel compelled to take a picture of every street and building you pass. El Morro, the fort, is huge! I heard more people on the ship say good things about Labadee than any other port of call. It is like a secluded beach in the middle of the Caribbean and with no urban touch to it. Haiti is very picturesque because of it's mountains and the ruins on the beach make it more interesting. It is a wonderful place to enjoy nature. In the market area I found the venders to be quite agressive with trying to sell their merchandise, so I avoided this area.I really liked The Chamber to dance in. It has a gothic look to it and plenty of room.Johnny Rocket's is a great place to eat hamburgers and malts. I've eatten at 50's style restaurants before, but never while looking out on the waves of the Caribbean while doing it. It is something to experience! To avoid standing in line to get in, you may want to go at 4pm, or some time between lunch and dinner.The arcade is huge. Kid's will love it!There is so much to do on this ship! If you only take one cruise all your life, take it on the Explorer of the Seas, currently the larges cruise ship in the world!Guy NelsonMyTravelco.com(800)489-0525 Ext. 169