Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Cruising to New England & Canada

Sail Date: October 01, 2009

This was our first trip on the Explorer of the Seas. The size of the ship was amazing! We traveled to New England/Canada on the 1st of October, therefore, the average age of the travelers onboard was probably 70. This would not have been a problem except for the fact that my mother recently broke her ankle and was required to spend the entire cruise in a wheelchair. Because of the age of the cruisers, most everyone onboard wanted to use the elevator. This made getting around with my mother difficult. In addition, my parents had to cancel most of their previously scheduled (pre ankle break) shore excursions and stayed onboard for the first two ports. Unfortunately there didn't seem to be much for them to do while we were at port. Overall, it seemed RCCL eliminated a lot of onboard activities.

Pros: Wait staff, cabin attendant, food, itinerary.

Cons: Activities on the ship.

Recommends Explorer of the Seas? Yes!

Overall I loved the ship, but it is starting to show its age.
Probably the best food I have ever had on a ship.
We upgraded to a Balcony Suite and it was very roomy and I loved the balcony!
Overall everyone was extremely accomodating and very nice. We did have an ongoing issue with a significant cold breeze coming through the dining room. Initially the head waiter was not very helpful but after several complaints he solved our problem.