Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

First time Cruisers and LOVED it!

Sail Date: May 01, 2009

We recently sailed on Explorer of the Seas out of Bayonne on our first cruise. We selected a 9 day cruise with ports of call being, Bermuda, St Maarten, St Thomas and PR. First let me say the boat was everything we expected and nothing less. While we enjoyed our ports we enjoyed the ship far more. The Royal Promenade is unbelievable as were the shows and pools. We opted to pay the small surcharge and try Portofino's restaurant. Food was marvelous and so was the service! The only small negative thing I can say was that there were areas of the boat where the air conditioning was dead. The areas seemed to be near the elevators, while our stateroom was cooled adequately it could have still been cooler. But beyond that alls perfect. The comedians in the Palace theater were hilarious and you must see the ice show in Studio B. We are looking for our next cruise and leaning towards Alaska. Can't wait!

Pros: The ship was outstanding as well as the staff and food.

Cons: Boat could have been cooler, some were fine with it I was warm.

Recommends Explorer of the Seas? Yes!

Our stateroom attandant was superb!
There was one "game" type show which I thought was immature. I think they referred to it as "Guess whos lying". Wasnt very tasteful not even funny we left.
I wish the rooms were larger, but they are just adequate.