Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Relaxing, Fun, and Laughter

Sail Date: July 01, 2008

I love sailing with Royal Caribbean. This ship was enormous and all venues were easily accessible. There were accommodations for the physically handicapped and medically impaired. I tried the couple's massage. It was therapeutic and romantic. I kept in shape with a daily trip to the state of the art exercise room. I enjoyed breakfast and lunch at the Windjammer's deck. The food was plentiful and assorted. I enjoyed late night snacks at the Cafe Promenade. I never felt overwhelmed nor rushed by the numerous guests on board the ship. I danced to the live tunes of Latin music that was at the Champagne lounge, and rocked to the 70's and 80's in the nightclub. There were planned activities for anyone interested. I stayed away from the library and movie theater.

Pros: I viewed all scheduled performances on ship.

Cons: The stay at San Juan, Puerto Rico's port was too short.

Recommends Explorer of the Seas? Yes!

The ship was colorful with many hues of lighting. I took many digital photographs of the ship's interior to serve as a memorable screen saver on my computer.
The formal dining experience is worth the nightly visit. The waiters tried their best to please you and treat you like a king and queen.
I enjoyed the king size bed despite the stateroom being cozy and small like a dormitory. The linen was especially soft and comfortable. There was an adjustable thermostat whereby making the room temperature as cold or as cool as one desired.
I was really impressed with the staffs' willingness to please and to cater to one's desires. I did not have to request it. It came naturally to my attention. I was asked many times if I was happy and pleased with my selection or of my disposition. It was above and beyond.
The performances were varied and scheduled as such that everybody had an opportunity to view them. It was also possible to view a specific show a second time. The shows ranged from comedy to Vegas type showroom dances. The personnel were professionals and were well trained. The ice skating show was also spectacular.
I saw an area towards the back of the ship where it catered to toddlers' and childrens venues. I stumbled upon it when I was on my way to the rock climbing wall and miniature golf.