Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

It could have been a better cruise!

Sail Date: October 01, 2007

Cruise date 10/21/07. The ship itself is very nice. Everything is kept clean. We had a balcony cabin in the middle of deck 8. We were dissapointed with the food in the evening, in the dining room. We were traveling with 8 others who have cruised before and they were disapointed with the dining room food too. Our waiters were excellent, but they don't do the cooking! I thought the menu was limited. The 1st evening I had shrimp stuffed ravioli. They were very large, but the stuffing was very fishy tasting and I could hardly eat them. On another night I had NY strip steak that was not very good either. Desserts were just OK. I had cruised on R/C Briliance Of The Seas in April 2007 and the food was excellent. Maybe the food on European trips is better than those closer to home? It certainly seems that way to me. This ship is rated a 4.5. It should be rated a 4. I have sailed others rated 4.5 and they were much better.

Pros: Well kept ship. Staff is excellent.

Cons: The food. Not as good as R/C Briliance of the seas or Princess lines or Holland America. Choices were limited and not as good as other cruises.

Recommends Explorer of the Seas? Yes!